What should you do before you start your engine?
Before you start your engine:
- Make sure all windows are clean.
- Remove anything that blocks your view of the road.
- Adjust the seat so you can reach all controls.
- Adjust the inside and outside rearview mirrors. …
- Lock all car doors.
- Put on your safety belts.
What is the very first step you should take when starting your vehicle’s engine?
How to start a vehicle
- Place your key in the ignition and turn it to the ‘on’ (third) position.
- Press the brake pedal.
- Switch the gear to Drive (D).
- Lift your foot from the brake and press the accelerator gradually to start moving. (30)
What is the most important and safest thing a driver can do before starting his her car?
At what is immediately in front of his or her vehicle, at what is behind his/her vehicle, at what is 10-15 seconds ahead of his/her vechicle. What is the most important and safest thing a driver can do before driving away? Put on a safety belt and turn off electronics.
What is the first thing the driver of this vehicle should do?
What is the first thing the driver of this vehicle should do? Whenever you feel the drive wheels start to slip, immediately ease off on the gas pedal until traction returns/ This is because you want to avoid disrupting the vehicle balance and causing your tires to skid.
What should you do before starting the engine quizlet?
What are the first two things you should do before starting the engine? Make sure the car is in park and the parking brake is set. 2. Which way should you turn the ignition key?
What should a new driver do?
Top tips for new drivers – how to build confidence on the road
- Adjust your driving for bad weather. …
- Turn the radio off. …
- Don’t offer friends lifts. …
- Think of fuel efficiency. …
- Apply ‘P’ plates. …
- Get to know your car. …
- Practice alone. …
- Practice in unfamiliar conditions.
What is the most important and safest thing a driver should do just before driving away 2 points?
What is the safest thing a driver should do just before driving away? Put on safety belts and put away electronics. When stopping at a stop sign where there is no crosswalk or stop line, the vehicle should be stopped: Before the front of the vehicle enters the intersection.
How can I be a good driver?
How to Become a Better Driver
- Take a defensive driving course.
- Keep your hands on the wheel at the proper positions.
- Don’t drive when you’re sleepy (or not otherwise alert)
- Don’t bother speeding.
- Handle tough driving conditions like a boss.
- Ditch the distractions and know where you’re going.